Cheese and Salumi Board
If you’d rather spend more time dining with your Valentine than cooking and cleaning up, why not assemble an abundant cheese board that will take your evening from antipasto through dessert?
Wine suggestion: California sparkling wine or California sparkling rosé
Nuts in Honey:
- ¼ cup (85 g) honey
- 3 tablespoons mixed toasted nuts (walnut pieces, toasted almonds, pistachios)
If the honey is stiff, put the jar in a saucepan of barely simmering water over low heat until the honey liquefies enough to pour. In a small serving bowl, combine the honey and the nuts.
- Laura Chenel Aged Crottin
- Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam
- Cypress Grove Truffle Tremor
- Crackers and flatbreads
- Sliced baguette
- Prosciutto di Parma, thinly sliced
- Sopressatta, thinly sliced
- Black and green olives
- Dried apricots, Medjool dates, and other dried California fruits
- Roasted pistachios in shell
Add what you love; omit what you don’t. It’s yours to compose. Good cheese counters typically have many selections, like truffled cheeses, luscious triple-cream cheeses, and mini cheeses meant for two. Add roasted nuts, dried fruits, condiments, and crackers. You can purchase mixed nuts in honey but making your own is a cinch.