‹ Back to Recipes
A Duo of Holiday Spreads
If you're entertaining, these simple and delicious spreads might be just what you're looking for. Serve these wine-friendly spreads individually or as a colorful duo with a basket of flatbread crackers, crostini or pita crisps. Pair with California Sparkling Wine or California Sparkling Rosé.
For the Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Feta:
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper, skinned and seeded
- 6 ounces (scant 1 cup/180 g) feta
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot red pepper and sea salt to taste
For the Spinach, Cilantro and Tahini Spread:
- 1 cup (1.5 oz/45 g) packed baby spinach leaves (no stems)
- ½ cup (65 g) frozen peas (no need to thaw)
- 1 green onion, white and pale green part only, sliced
- 6 to 8 sprigs cilantro, no thick stems
- 1 small garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) tahini
- Sea salt
- Lemon juice, as needed
- How to make the creamy roasted red pepper and feta:
- In a food processor, puree all ingredients until fully blended. The mixture will be soft. Chill slightly to firm it.
- How to make the spinach, cilantro and tahini spread:
- Put the spinach, peas, green onion, cilantro and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the tahini and a large pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Taste for salt and add a few drops of lemon juice if needed to brighten the flavor.