These lightly steamed buns filled with rich beef brisket, crunchy coleslaw, and topped with green onion make for the perfect snack or light lunch. Pairs well with Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.
- 4 bao buns (store-bought)
- 12 oz of cooked thinly sliced beef brisket
- 1 oz sesame oil
- 4 tbsp black bean garlic sauce
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp grated Daikon radish
- 1 tbsp grated fennel
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp of 1inch slices of chopped green onions
- Slice the bao buns into a little pocket not quite going all the way though.
- Asian Coleslaw: In a mixing bowl. Add half of the black bean garlic sauce, half the rice vinegar, and all the Daikon radish, fennel, cabbage, and sesame seeds. Mix until fully incorporated and let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan heat the oil on medium heat, add the beef, remaining rice vinegar and black bean garlic sauce. Mix all together and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until all is mixed and hot.
- Steam buns until warm.
- Remove from heat and place 3 oz of beef into each bun. Divide the Asian coleslaw into each bun, top with green onions and serve.