No matter where you are in the world, this garlic-infused California-style clambake recipe will bring the California beach to you. Pair with California Sauvignon Blanc or Rosé.
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) California Sauvignon Blanc or other crisp white wine
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken stock
- 2 pounds (900g) mussels
- 2 pounds (900g) clams
- 1 tablespoons (15ml) parsley, finely chopped
Serves 4 as a main course, serves 8 as an appetizer
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, shallots and garlic.
- Sauté for 1 minute or until the vegetables are slightly browned.
- Add the wine and chicken stock.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the mussels and clams and steam for 7 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, shake the pot several times.
- Remove from heat and pour mussel and clams into a large serving dish.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately, accompanied by a fresh, rustic-style bread.