If you’d rather spend more time dining than cooking and cleaning up, why not assemble an abundant cheese board that will take your evening from antipasto through dessert?
Nuts in Honey:
- ¼ cup (85 g) honey
- 3 tablespoons mixed toasted nuts (walnut pieces, toasted almonds, pistachios)
If the honey is stiff, put the jar in a saucepan of barely simmering water over low heat until the honey liquefies enough to pour. In a small serving bowl, combine the honey and the nuts.
- Laura Chenel Aged Crottin
- Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam
- Cypress Grove Truffle Tremor
- Crackers and flatbreads
- Sliced baguette
- Prosciutto di Parma, thinly sliced
- Sopressatta, thinly sliced
- Black and green olives
- Dried apricots, Medjool dates, and other dried California fruits
- Roasted pistachios in shell
Add what you love; omit what you don’t. It’s yours to compose. Good cheese counters typically have many selections, like truffled cheeses, luscious triple-cream cheeses, and mini cheeses meant for two. Add roasted nuts, dried fruits, condiments, and crackers. You can purchase mixed nuts in honey but making your own is a cinch.