The Cobb Salad is an American classic that originated in Hollywood California. This timeless dish is made up of juicy grilled chicken, tangy blue cheese, crisp bacon, and ripe tomatoes. Pair with a California Pinot Noir or Sauvignon Blanc.
For the salad:
- 6cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2chicken breasts, grilled and chopped
- 8-10slices cooked thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 4hard boiled eggs, sliced lengthwise
- 1cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2avocados, cubed
- 6 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
For the Dressing*:
- 1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Place the lettuce on a large platter. Arrange the chicken, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, avocado slices, red onion, and crumbled cheese in precise lines on top of the lettuce. Garnish with chives and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, honey, mustard, shallot, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
*This can be made 1 day in advance.