This Chicken Dumpling Soup Recipe is the perfect dish for a cold winter night. It’s loaded with veggies, a delicious rich broth, and soft buttery dumplings that are sure to please any palate.
- 10 Cups of Chicken or Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 cup shredded or roughly chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup small, cubed carrots
- 1/2 cup small, cubed celery
- 16 frozen potstickers of your choice. Chef recommends chicken or vegetable for this soup.
- 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage (Savoy or Napa preferred)
- 1/2 cup shredded kale
- 2 chopped green onions
- 8 sprigs of cilantro (pick off all the leaves for finishing soup)
- Dried red bird’s eye chili pepper for garnish (if you like a bit of heat)
In a large pot heat the sesame oil on med-high and then add the garlic, ginger, carrots, and celery. Cook for about 3 minutes while stirring until slightly softened.
Add the shredded chicken and mix for another 2 minutes and then add the chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a low boil.
Once boiling add the frozen potstickers and cook for 10 to 12 min on a high simmer.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the cabbage, kale, and green onion. Cook for 2 – 4 min.
Turn off soup and portion into bowls. Finish by adding a few cilantro leaves into each bowl and add the red chili pepper if desired.