This simple vegetarian dish can be made with almost any veggie you have on hand! This recipe has crispy red cabbage, savory shitake mushrooms, and fluffy eggs. It’s loaded with fresh veggie goodness making it the perfect summertime meal. Pairs perfectly with chilled Chardonnay or Pinot Gris.
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice – allow to cool to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup sliced orange or red peppers
- 1/2 cup cooked green Fava beans or edamame beans
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- In a large frying pan heat, 1 tbsp cooking oil and then add the whisked eggs. Cook the eggs, scrambling them. Once cooked remove from the pan and place off to the side on a plate or bowl.
- Add the sesame oil to the pan and heat on medium-high.
- Once hot add the celery, fava or edamame beans, ginger, garlic, mushrooms, and half of the green onions (another half to be sprinkled on top once all is cooked). Sauté for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to high.
- Add the rice, scrambled eggs, and remaining ingredients, except the remaining green onions and sesame seeds. Cook for about 5 to 7 min.
- Portion into bowls and finish by sprinkling remaining green onions and white sesame seeds over the top.