Crunchy radishes, buttery avocados, and tangy feta cheese—with a hint of chile and lime—are an inspired accent for fresh cod.
1 cup (5 ounces/140g) red radishes, cut into small dice
1 large, ripe, firm avocado, cut into small dice
1 Anaheim (chile) pepper, cut into small dice
3 tablespoons (45ml) thinly sliced spring onion
2 tablespoons (30ml) minced cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh lime juice
¼ teaspoon (1.25ml) salt
2 tablespoons (30ml) extra virgin olive oil, divided
1¼ pounds (565g) cod fillets
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 (7-inch/18cm) corn tortillas
6 ounces (170g) feta cheese, crumbled
Makes 8 tacos
1. Mix the radishes, avocado, Anaheim pepper, spring onion, cilantro, lime juice, and measured salt in a medium bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
3. Coat a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon (15ml) of the olive oil.
4. Place the fish on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the 1 remaining tablespoon (15ml) of olive oil.
5. Sprinkle the fish with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
7. While the fish is cooking, arrange the tortillas on another baking sheet, partially overlapping if necessary.
8. Remove the fish from the oven when done.
9. Heat the tortillas in the oven for 3 minutes.
10. Remove the tortillas from the oven. Divide the fish into 8 portions. Top each tortilla with a spoonful of feta and a portion of fish. Top the fish with radish relish.
11. To serve, arrange 2 tacos on each plate.