Tender grilled chicken is enhanced with a dazzling lemon vinaigrette. Pair with California Rosé or Pinot Noir.
1 pound (450g) boneless, skinless half chicken breasts
extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons (45ml) fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons (10ml) finely grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons (10ml) honey
1 teaspoon (5ml) minced fresh rosemary leaves
½ teaspoon (2.5ml) minced garlic
¼ teaspoon (1.25ml) salt¼ teaspoon (1.25ml) freshly ground black pepper
3 large avocados, peeled, seeded, and cut into bite-size pieces
3 cups (3 ounces/85g) baby or regular arugula leaves
1 piece Parmesan cheese (for shaving)
Serves 2 to 4
1. Preheat the grill to medium high.
2. Cut each half chicken breast in half crosswise.
3. Brush the chicken pieces on both sides with olive oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
4. Grill the chicken pieces for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
5. To make the vinaigrette, pour the lemon juice in a large bowl. Whisk in the measured olive oil, lemon zest, honey, rosemary, garlic, and measured salt and pepper.
6. Cut chicken pieces crosswise into strips.
7. Add the chicken, avocado, and arugula to the vinaigrette. Toss gently to combine.
8. Divide the salad among the serving plates.
9. Top with shavings of Parmesan, cut with a vegetable peeler.