‹ Back to Recipes
Grilled Peaches Drizzled with an Aged Balsamic Reduction
Sweet, smoky, sharp, and creamy; this easy-to-make dessert can also be served cold on a warm summer night. Pair with California Pinot Noir or Viognier.
- 8 ripe yellow peaches, halved, seeded and lightly brushed with extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (180ml) aged balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (45g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) sugar
- Stir the balsamic vinegar and sugar together in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until the mixture has reduced by half.
- Once the mixture has reduced, remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Heat a grill or grill pan on medium-high heat
- Place the peach halves on the grill, flesh side down and grill for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the peaches and grill for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and allow them to cool slightly.
- Place the cream and sugar in a medium-size bowl and whip together with a hand mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the peach halves and top each with a small dollop of cream.