‹ Back to Recipes
Little Smokie Burgers
Enjoy this All-American classic anytime of the year! Stuffed with smoked gouda and topped with warm grilled vegetables, these mini burgers are the perfect crowd-pleaser.
- 1/2 lbs med ground beef
- 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 lbs ground pork
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 200 grams of smoked gouda cheese cubed
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 white onion
- 2 oz of your favorite California Red Wine
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 red pepper light oiled
- 12 little brioche buns or mini ciabatta
- Fresh ripe tomato sliced
- 12 small pieces of clean crispy fresh leaf lettuce
Serves 6 small burgers
- Combine all meats, gouda cheese, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper into a large mixing bowl and combine till fully incorporated together.
- Using the mixture, form hamburgers into small patties (approx. 2oz each).
- Slice white onion up into small strips.
- In a frying pan heat the oil on medium heat adding onions and sugar, cook for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the red wine to deglaze the pan. Cook for another 5 to 10 min on low or until onions are caramelized and the liquid has evaporated completely.
- Grill the paddies to your liking being careful not to let too much cheese escape.
- While the mini burgers are cooking. Grill the red pepper until nicely roasted and the skin is blistered. Place into a bowl with a tightly sealed lid to help with removing the skin. After 5 minutes peel off the skin and slice or cube red pepper to use as a topping.
- Toast the bun or slightly warm them as preferred. Also, feel free to use any remaining cheese on top of the little smokies.
- Build and serve: bun, burger, caramelized onions, red pepper, tomato, and lettuce.