Enjoy this All-American classic anytime of the year! Stuffed with smoked gouda and topped with warm grilled vegetables, these mini burgers are the perfect crowd-pleaser.
1/2 lbs med ground beef
1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1/4 lbs ground pork
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 clove of garlic minced
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
200 grams of smoked gouda cheese cubed
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 white onion
2 oz of your favorite California Red Wine
2 tbsp sugar
1 red pepper light oiled
12 little brioche buns or mini ciabatta
fresh ripe tomato sliced
12 small pieces of clean crispy fresh leaf lettuce
serves 6 small burgers
- Combine all meats, gouda cheese, parsley, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper into a large mixing bowl and combine till fully incorporated together.
- Using the mixture, form hamburgers into small patties (approx. 2oz each)
- Slice white onion up into small strips.
- In a frying pan heat the oil on medium heat adding onions and sugar, cook for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the red wine to deglaze the pan. Cook for another 5 to 10 min on low or until onions are caramelized and the liquid has evaporated completely.
- Grill the paddies to your liking being careful not to let too much cheese escape.
- While the mini burgers are cooking. Grill the red pepper until nicely roasted and the skin is blistered. Place into a bowl with a tightly sealed lid to help with removing the skin. After 5 minutes peel off the skin and slice or cube red pepper to use as a topping.
- Toast the bun or slightly warm them as preferred. Also, feel free to use any remaining cheese on top of the little smokies.
- Build and serve: bun, burger, caramelized onions, red pepper, tomato, and lettuce.