‹ Back to Recipes
Salmon Sushi Pizza
Sushi Pizza is a fusion dish that originated in Toronto, Canada! A crispy rice patty is topped with a creamy avocado spread, sushi-grade salmon, sriracha mayo, and savory slices of nori. Pairs beautifully with a glass of Rosé or Sauvignon Blanc.
For the Sushi Rice:
- 1 1/2 cups of short-grain sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw or white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
For the Rice Pizza Base:
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 tbsp black and white sesame seeds
For the Sushi Pizza:
- 8 oz sushi-grade salmon thinly sliced
- 1/2 a sheet of Nori (seaweed paper) shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 ripe avocado mashed with a pinch of salt and 1/2 of lime juice
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 4 sprigs of washed cilantro
- For the sushi rice:
- In pot add all the liquids and stir until all the salt and sugar is dissolved.
- Rinse rice under cold water until the water comes out clear.
- Add rice to pot and bring to boil stirring once or twice.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for about 15 to 20 min or until all water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- For the rice pizza base:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Gently fold the rice, sesame seeds, and egg together making sure not to squish the grains too much.
- Lightly oil a baking pan or oven stone with oil or use parchment or silicone pad on a baking pan to prevent sticking.
- Have a little bowl of cool water nearby to wet your hands before handling the rice.
- Divide the rice into 4 and using wet hands form rice balls that are 4 to 6 inches in diameter and gently flatten with your hands to about 1-inch-thick circles.
- Place on a baking pan or stone and bake for 15 to 20 min. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To build:
- Spread the mashed avocado over the baked rice pizza bases or paddies.
- Place the thinly sliced salmon over the avocado placing the strips from the center to the outside rim.
- Mix the nori and green onion together and sprinkle over each pizza.
- Combine the mayonnaise, Sriracha, and sesame oil in a small bowl and then spoon a bit into the center or drizzle it over each pizza.
- Finish with a sprig of cilantro and enjoy.