This seafood boil is packed with clams, mussels, tiger shrimp, cod, potatoes, corn, and Italian sausage. It’s flavourful, filling and a fun way to enjoy the fruits of the sea! Enjoy with a California Sauvignon Blanc or White Blend.
- 4-8 medium clams, rinsed
- 16 mussels, rinsed
- 1/2 lbs 26/30 tiger shrimp
- 1/2 lbs cod, 1-inch cubed
- 2 large white potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 cup of corn removed from the cob (or canned)
- 1 cup chopped spicy Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1/4 chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 12.5 cups water
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley and thyme for garnish
- In a large soup pot add the butter and melt on medium heat. Once melted add the sausage, onions, garlic, celery, and corn and cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan by stirring and pulling off anything that is on the bottom of the pot.
- Next add tomatoes, water, potatoes, herbs, and seasonings and bring to a low boil. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the clams and cook for another 3 minutes. Clams take a little longer to cook and open than other seafood.
- Now add the mussels, shrimp, and cod and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until all mussels and clams are open. If they haven’t opened, you can tap them with a utensil to see if they do open. If any don’t open, they should be discarded.
- Portion seafood boil into serving dishes and garnish each with a bit of the herb mixture and serve.