Pair with a California Merlot or California Chardonnay.
- 4 loin lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) extra virgin olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups (50g) mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped (or small medium hot pepper)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 small garlic clove, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Generously salt and pepper the lamp chops.
- Over medium-high heat, in small heavy bottom skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add lamb chops and sear on all sides for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from heat and cover the pan.
- Place the ginger, mint leaves, pepper, lemon juice and garlic in food processor.
- Mix until well combined.
- Arrange 2 lamb chops on a plate.
- Serve with desired amount of mint chutney.