Creamy ricotta cheese, fresh lemon, and sweet strawberries make up this delicious and decadent brunch dish. Pairs well with California Rosé or Pinot Grigio.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp chopped lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 oz cooking oil or butter for pan
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (garnish)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar(garnish)
- 4 sprigs of mint (garnish)
Lemon Ricotta Filling Ingredients
- 8 oz package of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a mixing bowl add all the wet crepe ingredients and mix with a hand mixer will be well blended.
- In a separate bowl add all the dry crepe ingredients and mix. Then pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until fully blended with no lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan with 1/4 oz of the cooking oil or butter on medium-high heat. Once warm pour 1/4 cup of the crepe mixture into the center of the pan and roll the pan to spread the batter to cover the bottom of the pan and out to the sides.
- Let cook for about 1 to 2 min or until edges start to curl. Using a spatula turn the crepe over and cook till light golden brown. Remove from the pan and store on a plate then repeat to make the next crepe until all the batter is used up. Make sure to keep the pan well oiled in between.
- Place all lemon ricotta filling ingredients into a bowl and blend together with a mixer until fully blended and a little fluffy.
- Place a crepe into the center of the plate and place a 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture into the center and spread around the crepe.
- Roll the crepe and center into the middle of the plate.
- Top with 1/2 cup of sliced fresh strawberries
- Dust a 1/4 of the powdered sugar over the strawberries and top with a sprig of mint.