From cream cheese to smoked salmon to pickled vegetables, there are several different ways to jazz up any flavor of bagel. This easy recipe is the perfect choice for a leisurely breakfast or lunch and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Southwest Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 x 250 g block of cream cheese
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 chipotle pepper with adobo sauce (approx 2 tsp of adobo sauce) The pepper should have enough sauce with it when you remove it from the can.
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
Tuscan Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 250 g block of cream cheese
- 8 pitted black olives
- 8 pitted green olives
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes with oil
- 4 small capers
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Bagels (required)
- Smoked Salmon
- Tomato (sliced)
- Red onion (pickled)
Make each cream cheese separately by combining ingredients into a food processor and mix till fully chopped and incorporated. Remove and serve. Place on a serving tray with bagels and chosen accompaniments.