As the weather turns chilly and the crisp autumn air has us gathering around a warm fire at night, this comfort food dish will be a sure hit that it will have you making it again and again. This Autumn-inspired Pasta showcases the best of the harvest season and pairs perfectly with a loaf of fresh crusty bread.
- 3 oz butter
- 1/2 cup chopped oyster mushrooms or shitake
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup small of diced butternut squash
- 2 oz White wine
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 cups cooked bowtie pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- In a large frying pan (big enough for all ingredients) heat butter.
- Cook onions, garlic, and diced squash on medium heat until onions are soft and starting to brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook on medium for about 5 min.
- Add white wine and stir. The wine should clean the bottom of the pan up and incorporate all that goodness.
- Add kale, cream, cheese salt, and pepper. Cook till cheese is melted and kale is wilted slightly. (Approx 3 min)
- Add pre-cooked noodles and toss together. Cook for another 3 min on medium to re-heat noodles.
- Serve and top with toasted almonds and chopped green onions.